Monday, May 10, 2010

My Second Mothers Day

In the midst of all the curve balls, I realized I forgot to actually take a moment to savor in the very sweet mothers day I had.  It was my second official mothers day.  My fabulous honey made me a delicious breakfast with all the fixings.  I actually got to sleep in a little and he got our little princess up and fed in the early morning.  Of course I had to cash in on the kindness and milk it for all it was worth.  But being the good partner that he is, he so kindly obliged and waited on my hand and foot.  It was great!  I got a little emotional over a sweet home made card that he and my baby made together.  It included a tracing of her tiny little hand that said "So you will never forget how little I was...".  It made me choke up, because I realized how fast she is growing and how much I want to slow time down so I can enjoy her just a little bit more.  The thought of her growing up is a bit much to bear right now.  She's my baby and I know that she will always be my baby, but as a working mom sometimes I feel like I miss out on so much and there is just no way for me to get those moments back.  I can only wipe the tears, and focus on the quality time we do get together and come up with ways to squeeze every last drop out of those moments.  Those are the memories that will fill our hearts.  One day I want her to say to me "Mom, remember when we used to....I really loved that."    My daughter is my world and every time she hugs me it melts my heart all over again.  I wouldn't trade being her mommy for anything in the world! 

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever thought about working at home? I was a licensed home daycare provider for about 10 years. It paid good and my kids always had someone to play with.

    Now I work at home playing on the Internet :-)

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolee - It would be a dream to be able to work at home, unfortunately I haven't found the right niche to be able to do so. I don't have room for day care at the moment, so I'm still exploring other options. I welcome all suggestions. Thanks for following! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left something on my page for ya! ;o)

    http://thereasonformyinsanity.blogspot.com/2010/05/you-are-awesome.html

    Julie

    ReplyDelete