Monday, May 10, 2010

Curve Ball

It has been a while since I have posted anything.  As you can probably guess, life has thrown a curve ball, or two, or three, all at the same time...  Anyhow, last week was a rough week.  Received bad news about an immediate family members health, which out of respect for those being affected by this I will not presently discuss without their permission.  My  little princess also came down with a bad virus a few days later and is still slowly recovering from that. She's been clinging to me like a little monkey and is bossier and crankier than ever. So, I haven't slept in days and it shows. You know looking at myself in the mirror this morning reminded me how much I am in desperate need of a makeover, starting with a haircut.   I didn't get to spend much time exercising (not that I really mind that part), and I didn't eat as good as I should have.  By Saturday I was in desperate need of some "me" time.  All I wanted to do was have a cup of coffee and read a book all by myself, with no one bothering me.  Even being in a busy, crowded book store with a bunch of total strangers would have sufficed.  But as we all know a mommy's job never ends, so in times of need and crisis there is not always time for "me time".  But this is a new week. Tonight, some exercise and at least 15 minutes of "me time"...wish me luck! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hear ya on the me time. Sometimes I think I would be happy if I could just go to the bathroom without one of the kids coming and asking me what I am doing, or wanting to tell me something.

    Good Luck getting your few minutes of "me" time in this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I hope you got some me time. I am following from the 400 followers club on MBC.
    Looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. following you from MBC,
    Tracy
    http://thedailymomdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    Following you from MBC, love your blog ;-)

    www.frugalfamily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete